- Attending board meetings and preparation of the minutes are done at no additional cost to the Association. Additional charges would apply to meetings exceeding two hours, weekend, or holiday meetings, as well. If there is no quorum or a meeting is cancelled that a staff member has to attend, there will be a charge per staff member in attendance. Annual meetings are also included as part of contract, there are no additional costs unless one of the above instances apply.
- Committee meetings outside of a regularly scheduled board meeting are considered extra meetings and would be an additional cost. No additional cost for preparation of minutes.
- We prepare meeting agendas for Executive Sessions and Board meetings. We request agenda items from the Boards prior to preparation of the agendas in order to timely mail the agendas to the homeowners.
- Agenda is emailed to the Board Members for their review, input, and/or changes. Some associations require the agendas to be first sent to specific officers either before or after the community manager receives input from the rest of the Board Members.
- The community manager, unless a designated Board member or contracted stenographer has been pre designated, takes the meeting minutes. Meeting minutes are recorded per state law. Minutes are generally prepared by the community manager and are sent to the Board members for their review, additions, corrections, etc within a week to 10 days. Some Associations require us to send the minutes to specific officers to review prior to sending them to the rest of the directors.All end of month packages are mailed or emailed to the Board either on the first or second week of every month. In some cases, the packages are sent later due to the receiving of the bank statements which arrive after the end of the month.
- Either by email or by mail, a typical Board package includes the following: agendas, minutes, correspondence, inspection reports, violation status reports, architectural status reports, hearing letters, fine letters and bank statements. In addition, the financial monthly report is sent along with the delinquency status reports and reports from the collection companies and copies of the delinquency letters. There are times when materials for Board consideration are prepared and given to the directors at the Board or executive meetings, such as bids or current summaries of the hearings to be held at the executive meeting.
- H&L can provide various proxies and annual meeting notices. All of our forms that we use for our Associations have been reviewed by either legal counsel or are forms provided by the Nevada Real Estate Division Ombudsman Office. Unless requested by the Board, legal counsel would generally not review these proxies or notices. If these proxies or notices pertained to proposed amendments to the governing documents they would be reviewed by legal counsel.